They are no longer two, but one flesh.
Jesus said, ‘From the beginning of creation God made them male and female. This is why a man must leave father and mother, and the two become one body. They are no longer two, therefore, but one body. So then, what God has united, man must not divide.’ – Mark 10:6-9
Please introduce yourselves to Father after Mass. Father will make a time to meet with you to discuss the plan for preparation for Marriage -approximately 6 months before the wedding ceremony would be helpful to prepare the documentation for your wedding.
You will need to provide the following:
- Baptism Certificate (issued within a period of six months prior to your wedding). Please contact the parish of your baptism to obtain this.
- A full copy of Birth Certificate.
- A current Australian or non-Australian Passport.
- Certificate from Pre-marriage Catholic Care course.
- If either of you have been previously married, you will need to show evidence of an annulment.
Pre-Marriage Education Courses – You will need to contact CatholicCare directly to book in a course most suitable to your needs. More information please go to: www.catholiccare.org.